Smash Bros Wii U (Free for All)Game Genre: Fighting
Tournament Format: Free for All
General Game Play Rules:
- Stock: 3
- Minutes: 8min
- Single Elimination, top 2 from each round move to next round, final 4 in finals
- Custom Fighters are set to off
- Amiibos are not allowed
- Items set to off
- Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have 1111 Mii Brawlers, Swordsmen, and Gunners available for use (Using Default A Mii). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.
- Final Destination
- Dreamland 64
- Town & City
- Lylat Cruise
- Duck Hunt
- Omega Stages (if Final Destination is banned, Omega stages are as well)
- Double Blind Character Selection: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur for the first game of a match. To do so, call for a tournament official. Then in secret each player will tell their character selections. After all players do, the tournament official will announce the characters being used for the first game of a match.
- Stage Clause: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set.
- Counterpicks: During the stage ban phase, the player/team who won the previous game may ban 2 stages from either the Starter or Counterpick lists.The loser of the previous game will then select a stage. After which, first the winning player(s) will select their characters followed by the player(s) that selected the stage
- Team Colors: If possible players’ character colors must match their team’s color when possible, to avoid confusion (ex: Luigi on the green team must use the green costume).
- In the event a match ends after the 8 minute timer and a winner has been not determined the player/team with a more total stock is declared the winner of said game. If stock is equal then the player/team with lower total percentage is the winner. In the event of everything being tied sudden death is played
- Stalling is banned: The act of stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable. Stalling tactics include but are not limited to becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., pausing, freeze glitches, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- Alternate Controllers: The Wii U Gamepad, Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo 2DS are banned from use as controllers. All other controllers are acceptable for this event.