Smash Bros Wii U (1 v 1)Game Genre: Fighting
Tournament Format: 1v1
General Game Play Rules:
- Stock: 2
- Time: 6 min
- Best of 3 sets, top 8 will be best of 5
- Custom Fighters are set to off
- Items set to off
- Damage Ratio 1.0x
- Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have 1111 Mii Brawlers, Swordsmen, and Gunners available for use (Using Default A Mii). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup
All DLC characters are legal
- Allowed Controllers: Nintendo Gamecube controller, Wii U Pro controller (battery removed method with USB), and Wii Remote variation (player MUST remove battery upon completion of set or will be disqualified)
- Mii Fighters On (1-1-1-1 Default Guest Miis)
- Final Destination**
- Lylat Cruise
- Town & City
- Dream Land 64*
- Duck Hunt
- Omega Stages**
Note ** Treated as Final Destination in striking phase. If Final Destination is struck, Omega Stages are struck and vice versa. You may only choose the following Omega Stages: Midgar, Suzaku Castle and Wily Castle.
- If a game ends with a self-destruct move, the results screen will determine the winner.
- Sudden Death with tied percentage/stock will result in a 1 stock/3 minutes playoff match.
- Stalling is banned: The act of stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable. Stalling tactics include but are not limited to becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., pausing, freeze glitches, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects
- Alternate Controllers: The Wii U Gamepad, Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo 2DS are banned from use as controllers. All other controllers are acceptable for this event.
- If your controller is found to be the cause of disruption to the tournament (mid-game or otherwise), you are subject to complete disqualification from the event.
- Double Blind Character Selection – Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a referee or third party will be told, in secret, of each player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the referee validating the character selections.
- Pause setting should be off. However, if they are not, pausing is only legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game. If the pause causes the opponent to lose a stock, the player who pauses forfeits 2 stocks.