League of LegendsGame Genre: PC Gaming
Tournament Format: 5 v 5
General Game Play Rules:
League of Legends (LOL) Rule Summary:
Download all details on LOL rules here
- Game format is “tournament draft” for all matches.
- Players may use any hero they have in their account.
- Side selection is determined by the winner of a coin flip by a referee.
- Tournament is double elimination with single elimination rounds.
- Finals are a best of 3. If winner’s bracket team loses, a final tie-breaker game is played to determine the grand champion.
- Each round begins with a coin flip to determine who selects their starting side. In the finals series, following the initial coin flip, each consecutive game starting side is selected by the losing team.
- All players must be present to play.
- We allow up to 2 substitute players per team. Subs may be announced any time prior to the first game of the tournament. Subs can be inserted in any round. Subs cannot take over for a player who is already in the middle of a game.
- We are typically lenient on time restrictions, but considering the condensed format of the Cutthroat Con State Championship, we can adopt whatever restrictions you prefer. Being more than 5 minutes late for a match results in a disqualification unless the top person on the wait list joins the team.
- Depending on the severity, poor sportsmanship by any team member will be punished at the sole discretion of the referees with a warning, a loss or disqualification of the entire team from the tournament.
- There are no age or location restrictions for players.
- Detailed LCS rules are attached regarding handling of game errors, pauses, and other complex situations. Sections 8-11 are relevant for these topics. Other sections can be disregarded as they only pertain to the league format and player eligibility.
***The tournament director has the option to run either single or double elimination.***